Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 23 of Life

Happy Fourth of July!

Lucy's potassium was 5.2 this morning. If it continues to be that good tomorrow, we will be able to go home.

We are still working on feeding. The doctors are concerned because she is not taking >50% of her feeds by mouth. However when they do their calculations, they are doing it for the 24 hour period. Since we are working on breast feeding during the day, that automatically hurts her numbers. I keep trying to point out that they need to calculate it using the number of bottles, not the number of feeds. The good news is even though Lucy is taking in a lot of fluid, she is tolerating it. She is also doing well with breast feeding when she is hungry and awake.

Lucy's belly button stump fell off last night. (You can tell I am a first-time mom because I am sorry that I missed that little event.) She has also grown out of the newborn size diapers and is wearing size 1 now. Her weight today is 6lb 15oz. The doctors are pleased with her growth.

Please keep your fingers crossed for a good potassium level tomorrow. Hopefully I will be posting tomorrow with an infant in my lap in the comfort of my own living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment