Sunday, January 24, 2010

Big Girl Things

Our little Lucy is getting so big. We started giving her solid foods to eat. But when I say solid, I actually mean mushy. Rice cereal was the first thing, and this week we tried peas. I cooked up some SteamFresh sweet peas and put them in the food processor. I then filled an ice cube tray and froze the smoochy peas. I can thaw one cube at a time which is just enough for Lucy. I think she actually likes the peas. There are a lot of foods that are off-limits to Lucy right now because of her potassium. For example, no sweet potatoes and no bananas. I think we will try green beans and applesauce next.

Last weekend, the Schwabs from Illinois came to visit. We were able to finish celebrating Christmas. It was a quick visit, but I think everyone enjoyed it, and Lucy loved seeing her aunt, uncles, and grandparents again.

Lucy and I also started a swim class this weekend. There are about 15 babies in the class, and it's fun to watch them all learn to enjoy the water. Lucy did a good job and wasn't afraid at all. She also looked adorable in her new swimsuit.

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment