Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 6 of Life

I am doing good today. The doctors have discontinued my antibiotics and my IV feedings, so I don't have an IV any more. My "trip to Florida" with the bilirubin lights is done. I still have the tube that goes down my nose to my stomach, and I have to wear the monitors, but that is it!

Mom's coworkers came to visit today. I think they were excited to meet me and I even opened my eyes a little bit for a little while. My mom (Jennifer) sure does appreciate their support.

The doctors say I might go home in another 7-10 days. It is really up to me to decide how I want to do with my feedings. I am offered a bottle every 3 hours, and what ever I am too tired to drink, they put down my tube. Mom and I are working on breastfeeding. I still have a lot to learn.

My mom and dad are doing good. They are getting sleep at night and feel good. They know that everyone is rooting for us and appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment